The End

Today marks a special day for the blog. After almost 5 years of daily posts this will be my last...at least for a while. 

I would like to thank you for checking in and hope that you have found some exciting music and discovered a lot of new artists along the way. At least that was and remains to be the goal of MYWLT. 

On a more personal note, besides having been in a position where I got to listen to so much new and diverse music, what I have enjoyed the most has been the communication with readers, artists, management, PR and labels from all over the world. As cheesy as it may sound: music is a universal language, everyone can relate to it and for most of us it's part of our daily life in one way or another. That has been my motivation to write a total of 1780 blog posts, which I hope you have enjoyed.


MYWLT isn't going to disappear, however I feel like it's time to take a break from it all. There's still lots of great music you can discover here on the blog (check the archive) or listen to music from the MYWLT Hype Machine feed.


For my last post, I have chosen two tracks. The first one is a brand new single by Kap Slap called "Harbor" feat. Jake Etheridge. Compared to "Felt This Good", "Harbor" has a more acoustic vibe overall. The track is a mix of indie, pop, trap and tropical house, making it great for easy listening. The drop has a casual vocal chopping melody and although I've sort of grown tired of this type of effect, Kap Slap has still managed to keep it interesting, dynamic and alive sounding. You can stream "Harbor" right here or pick up a copy via Itunes (see link below).





Get "Harbor" by Kap Slap via ITUNES
Follow Kap Slap on social media: FACEBOOK // TWITTER

For my last track I have chosen the latest single by CID & Kaskade called "Sweet Memories". It's a proper energetic house tune, thanks to an amazing punchy bass line, a haunting vocal and a hypnotic vibe. Overall it's quite a simple track, but here the rule "less is more" applies and it works out in CID & Kaskade's favor. As a result, "Sweet Memories" so lit, you need a fire extinguisher nearby, before you start listening.

"Sweet Memories" is out now via Arkade and available via most major platforms. Also, make sure to check out the swag music video below.





Get/Stream "Sweet Memories" via BEATPORT / SPOTIFY
Follow CID on social media: FACEBOOK // TWITTER
Follow Kaskade on social media: FACEBOOK // TWITTER

Comments

  1. Oh man, this is really sad to read...
    So many great music has been discovered in your countless handpicked posts by me and my friends.
    Not to speak of your kind support in my very early days, that I'm still so thankful for!
    I wish you all the best for all your future plans Daniel - hope we'll stay in contact :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kyco

    Thank you so much.

    I hope to be back at a later point in time. In the meantime you can always reach me via Twitter or email :)

    Cheers,
    Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for everything you've done, surely it is very appreciated by many around the world. Best wishes to you in your new endeavors!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts